Hi! My name is Andrea but everyone calls me Drea. I’m a Midwest mom of three wonderful children, married to my best friend and obsessed with my drowsy pug named Uniqua. I’m a former special education instructor turned lifestyle blogger. Vermilion Lane is my online journal of everything I love: cooking, fashion, family, crafts, interior design and more. Today I’m sharing my own recipe creation, Coconut Curry Grilled Shrimp, inspired by the vibrant Caribbean islands.
I just love the flavors of the Caribbean! Whenever I try an amazing Caribbean dish I’m reminded of my wonderful honeymoon in Jamaica. Where else do Asian, African and Native Caribbean Indian spices blend so effortlessly? Caribbean cuisine is a global experience in and of itself! One of my favorite finds in Jamaica was high-quality curry. And boy do they curry just about everything from sautéed veggies to roasted goat, from “tip to tail”, as they say.
Coconut Curry Grilled Shrimp with Honey Lime Dipping Sauce
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons curry powder, garlic, coconut milk, 1 tablespoon green onions and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- Add shrimp and stir to combine.
- Place plastic wrap over bowl, directly over shrimp to remove as much air as possible. (This will allow the marinade to penetrate the meat more efficiently.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- While the shrimp is marinating begin the sauce so the flavors have time to marry.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine honey, remaining lime juice, zest of 1 lime, shredded coconut, cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon green onions and ¼ teaspoon curry powder.