1. So we’ve all seen wicker seating, but when you use wicker in unexpected ways, it really brings a freshness to this age-old material. Try a wicker chandelier to mix things up! Here’s an awesome DIY tutorial for creating your own, stylish wicker chandelier shade.
Image via InspriationDeco
I love this particular wicker chandelier (shown below). It’s so unique! You can purchase it here.
2. Mix and match wicker furniture with industrial style decor to create a contemporary look. (Like with these galvanized steel bistro chairs here and here.)
Image via HGTV
3. Create an eclectic accent wall featuring decorative baskets or special wicker accents like in this global-meets-contemporary home shown below. Find your own unique wicker baskets to display here.
Image via Decor4All
4. Try uniquely shaped wicker seating for your home! I bet you’ve never seen wicker in a living room quite like this before. (see below)
Image via FreshHome, Dotter Solfjeld Architects
5. Don’t forget to consider antique & vintage wicker options for your home (like shown in the living room below).
I actually found a stunning wrought iron dining set that included chairs with wicker backs and a wicker table base with a glass top, all from Salvation Army! I re-painted the wrought iron in high-gloss black paint and re-upholstered the seats. It was the perfect combination in my contemporary apartment and I received compliments all the time! Sadly, I can’t locate a photo now, but it may make an appearance in the future. Wicker is the best!
Already enjoying wicker? Tell us about your favorite wicker decor element at home!